Right, here we go. Welcome to our new blog, set up to support the Stirling Low Carbon Alliance which we launched two weeks ago. I’m very excited about the Alliance because I know from previous work by the GCNS team that businesses in Stirling want to reduce costs and adapt to climate change, but they don’t always know how to do it. We want to make sure the right kind of knowledge is shared across a network of interested people so that the word spreads and carbon reduction remains high on the agenda.
The good news is that membership has been growing steadily since what was a relatively quiet launch and we already have a wide range of businesses within the Alliance. But of course, we want more!
If you run or work in a business in Stirling then please do think about joining. It’s completely free and has been designed to offer businesses a number of benefits including:
- Ongoing support and advice to help you cut carbon and cut costs.
- Members-only training events to keep you up-to-date.
- A membership certificate, window sticker and detailed welcome booklet full of ideas about how to get started on the journey towards a low carbon future.
- A Low Carbon Award scheme to recognise and reward your achievements.
- A unique chance to become part of a low carbon future.
To find out more about the Alliance please read our FAQ section. I look forward to working with you towards a low carbon future.